Thursday 19 December 2013

The Christmas Tree


Who at Beckingham Grange in It's a Ruff Life got it into their minds that letting Max help decorate the Christmas tree was a good idea?  Don't they realise that Max has an awful sense of style when it comes to fashion and elegance and, let's face it, the Beckingham Grange Christmas tree is a really big, important statement that says a lot about the people who own it, ME!

You should have seen the state it was in after he'd had his paws on it.  It was shambolic.  There was no star or angel on the top and who's ever heard of a Christmas tree without a star at the top - not many people, that's for sure!

The baubles were a miss mash of clashing colours and sizes thrown together on the branches without any thought whatsoever.  He even forgot to place our Santa and sleigh model on cotton wool under the tree.  It all looked wrong.

"It's a shambles," I said when he asked me what I thought, "You've ruined Christmas!"
"Don't be so melodramatic."
I felt like hitting him but turned away instead and went to my room to form a plan of how I would save Christmas.

That night, when everyone was asleep, I crept downstairs and rearranged every decoration on the tree.  I also added a beautiful lighted star and garlands of small golden baubles around it.  It looked 'bellatastic' like everything I do; after all it had to look perfect and only I do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment