Monday 16 December 2013

Bella's Being Kind!

Because it's so close to Christmas don't forget that if you are still looking for a great Christmas present It's A Ruff Life is an awesomely funny book to read.











I thought it was too good to last.  Bella started being kind to me, I don't mean actually acknowledging the fact that I live in the same house as her, but actually taking time to talk to me.  Wonders will never cease!

She asked me if I'd try out some food she'd made, you firstly had to pick me up off the floor at the thought of Bella actually doing something other than fur, nails, fashion and dancing, of course I said yes, what dog would turn it's nose up at free food?  Oh I forgot, Bella who is always watching her weight, only food at meal times for her.

She gave me a bowl of fresh salmon mousse - it was okay but nothing amazing; I don't know why she gets so excited over salmon mousse,  I expect because Seamus makes it better than she does.

Anyway to cut a long story short this kindness lasted two weeks and for the whole of the two weeks, at some point in the day, a bowl of salmon mousse was placed under my nose.  By the end of the two weeks I was glad if I never saw another salmon again.

It was only when Bella got back from the academy that I realized why she had been so nice to me.  She had challenged Lemondrop to a salmon mousse bake off and I had been the official, this is not perfected yet, taster.

I said that I was glad that she had won, if only to stop eating bland tasting salmon mousse, I didn't tell her that part.  It didn't matter though the thoughtfulness I'd now come use to finished as abruptly as it had started.  I am now only her adopted brother to be tolerated, it feels so good to have things back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment