Sunday 9 March 2014

Recipe for Disaster - Ruff Life Style


The Doglet Academy introduced a new class this term.  It certainly wasn't my idea of a fun class.  I mean what famous doglet needs to learn how to cook?  I have a chef for that called Seamus.

This class was worth a lot of credits and it was an easy way to give me top marks for the end of the year.  And you know me, there's no way that I will come in 2nd best at anything. So I enrolled in the class.  I now wish I hadn't.  I'd have been far better off taking a Spanish or French class, or at least my beautiful paw nails would have been; participation in that class made them all soft.

The first thing the teacher said was that I had to get rid of the painted nails, as if...  So I used a pair of latex gloves.  Have you ever tried to work with latex gloves over your paws?  It's a recipe for disaster; the extra fingers flap around and get caught up in everything.

We made pastry but I kept getting my gloves caught under the rolling pin.  Eventually I put the pasty in a pie tin and filled it with some nice looking meat.  It looked great when it was finished.  Even the teacher said how nice and well presented it was. Of course, I made it, how else was it going to look with my natural style of flair?  I couldn't wait to take it home and gloat at Max as to how much better I was than him .  In fact I was going to eat some of it in front of him while he sat salivating.

When I got home I put my plan into action.  I went to find Max.  "Hey I've got something to show you."  I took a bite out of the pie.  The meat was nice but the pastry was hard. "This is really delicious." I then found a chewy bit, which seemed to take for ever to chew. Oh no, I thought when I realised that I had just eaten some of the latex gloves.  "Would you like some?  I made if for you."
"Thanks, what's wrong with it?"
"Nothing, I was just sampling it to show you how delicious it is." I said as I waked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment